Young people are faced with a complex set of demands when making themselves ready for their future careers. All Saints Catholic College aims to ensure that our students are self-confident, skilled and career ready. This will be achieved through a programme of high-quality activities, advice and guidance. At All Saints we want students to flourish and be the best version of themselves.
We will invest in every opportunity in school to prepare them for the next phase of their learning journey. All Saints Catholic College has a statutory duty to provide independent careers guidance from Years 8 to 11 (DfE Statutory Guidance March 2015) and ensure that it is presented in an impartial manner, includes information on the range of education or training options, including apprenticeships and other vocational pathways, and is considered to promote the best interests of each individual student. Careers Guidance is based on a partnership with students and their parents or carers. The programme raises aspirations, challenge stereotyping and actively promote equality and diversity.
All Saints Catholic College is committed to providing a high-quality impartial careers guidance for all students in partnership with C&K Careers, Kirklees Council, Sixth Form Providers, local employers and any other appropriate external agency.
All Saints Catholic College endeavours to follow:
- Careers Guidance and Inspiration in Schools (DfE, 2015),
- The Foundation Code (ASCL, AoC, CollabGroup, ATL, AELP, SFCA, NFER, March 2015)
- The Statement of Guidance and Inspiration in School departmental advice for governing bodies, school leaders and school staff (DfE, 2015) and other relevant guidance from DfE, QCA and Ofsted as appropriate.
Following publication of the Good Career Guidance Report in 2014 by the Gatsby Charitable Foundation, the school is also committed to ensuring that the eight benchmarks of good practice are in place. These eight benchmarks are:
- A stable Careers Programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
3.Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
All Saints Catholic College is committed to maintaining the National Quality in Careers Standard Award.