Our College is well served by dedicated bus services from all parts of Huddersfield and Halifax. There are also direct public services from Halifax and Huddersfield. Please click on the links below for further details.
In addition to the bus services available for students living a distance from College, we encourage our students to walk or cycle to College.
K60 Huddersfield Bus Station – All Saints Catholic College
K65 Fenay Lane – All Saints Catholic College
K66 Mount Roundabout – All Saints Catholic College
K67 All Saints Catholic College – Huddersfield Bus Station (Operates PM Only)
360 Please note this is a public service route and not a dedicated school transport route
Young Persons Photo Card for the above services
Metro advise that all students purchase a Young Persons PhotoCard which allows half fare travel for all 11-16 year olds. These are free and available online or from a Bus Station Travel Centre.
Furthermore, if you are worried about finding enough change for bus fare everyday – consider purchasing a School Plus MetroCard, which can be used in conjunction with a Young Persons PhotoCard. MetroCards are available as weekly or monthly passes
The Young Person’s website www.generationm.co.uk is the one stop shop for the most up to date services, news, tickets and lots more.
However, if you do have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the education transport team 0113 348 1122.
To use the school bus service, you will need to apply for a bus pass.
To renew/apply for a FARE PAYABLE PASS please apply direct to Metro, please click on the hyperlink below:
C78 Halifax Bus Station – All Saints Catholic College
Below please find the details of the above services:
SERVICE C78 ROUTE
Halifax Bus Station -All Saints Catholic College
Towards All Saints Catholic College
From Halifax Bus Station Aisle A, Halifax Bus Station, Northgate, Broad Street, Waterhouse Street, Crown Street, Commercial Street, Portland Place, Prescott Street, Skircoat Road, Huddersfield Road, Salterhebble Hill, Huddersfield Road, Stainland Road, Rochdale Road, Saddleworth Road, Long Wall, Jepson Lane, Victoria Road, Southgate, Dewsbury Road, Clough Lane, Fixby Road, Bradley Road
All Saints Catholic College -Halifax Bus Station
From All Saints Catholic College From Bradley Road, Fixby Road, Clough Lane, Dewsbury Road, Elland Riorges Link, Southgate, Victoria Road, Jepson Lane, Nab End Lane, Long Wall, Saddleworth Road, Rochdale Road, Stainland Road, Huddersfield Road, Salterhebble Hill, Huddersfield Road, Skircoat Road, Portland Place, Commercial Street, Ward’s End, Horton Street, Union Street, Market Street, Northgate, Halifax Bus Station Aisle E.
|C78 Bus Stop||Morning Timetable||Afternoon Timetable|
|Halifax Bus Station||8:00||15:50|
|All Saints Catholic College||8:30||15:20|
Any student wanting to access these services must apply to the Finance Office at All Saints Catholic College for a Priority Pass. This priority pass will allow your child to board the specific chosen service route only, students cannot board the alternative service.
To obtain a ticket to access these services:
- Pay on the bus per route on a daily basis single fare at £1.40 (subject to fare increase)
- Pay on the bus to obtain a weekly ticket at £13.50 (subject to fare increase)
- Download the First Bus mobile app (Apple or Android) obtain the weekly ticket at £13.50 (subject to fare increase) which you can ‘gift’ to your child’s mobile phone.
To make everybody’s bus journey as enjoyable as possible, we ask Students to observe the following Code of Conduct:
Waiting for the bus
- Queue sensibly, away from the road
- Get on the bus calmly, without pushing
- Parents/Carers must ensure that your child is at the bus stop in good time to catch the bus
On the bus
- Show your pass to the driver
- Always wear a mask
- Find a seat and stay seated for the journey
- Fasten your seatbelt (where applicable) – for safety and as a legal requirement
- Do not distract the driver unless in an emergency
- Do not damage the bus
- Always behave sensibly throughout your journey
- Never touch the emergency exit
- Never leave your bag in the aisle
Getting off the bus
- When your stop is next, ring the bell once
- If it has already been rung, you do not need to ring it again
- If you have to cross the road after you get off the bus, wait until the bus has moved off and you can see the road clearly in both directions, or go to the nearest available crossing
Term and conditions of travel
You are respectfully reminded that registering to use the service you undertake to accept the terms and conditions of travel. This includes sanctions which would be applied if the required standard of behaviour is not met
Parents/Carers need to be aware that if their child causes any damage or does not meet the required standard of behaviour on the bus they could:
- Have their pass withdrawn
- Be banned from the bus
- Be prosecuted by the police
- Be required to pay for any damage they have caused
Coronavirus (Covid -19)
Observe the Government guidance in place at the time of travel regarding using bus transport.
Bicycles can be used as a method of transport to school by students. However, to safeguard our students, the school has the following expectations:
- Students will ride sensibly and with due regard to the Highway Code and other road users
- Cycles are maintained in a roadworthy condition.
- No cycling is permitted on the school site; students must dismount at the entrance to the school drive and wheel their cycle to the bike racks.
- All cycles must be parked in the bike racks.
- Cycles can only be used in the morning and going home at night – they are not allowed off site at lunchtime.
- It is the student’s responsibility to lock their cycle to the bike rack when in school.
- All Saints Catholic College will not accept liability for any loss or damage however sustained.
- Students will be banned from bringing their cycle to school if they cause a nuisance with it.
- We recommend that you insure your cycle as it is not covered by All Saints Catholic College insurance.
Students travelling on the Huddersfield routes:
Students travelling on the C78 Halifax route:
This is a dedicated service for All Saints, delivered by First Bus.
All Saints Weekly / Daily Ticket is the only valid ticket for this service. This can be obtained via FirstBus App or via the driver as follows:
Single Fare £1.50
Weekly Ticket £13.50
First Bus will not accept any other tickets purchased for this service.
Eligible students for these routes will be issued a Priority Bus Pass by the school during the first 3 weeks of Autumn term and will be allocated either C78 or C79. Please note students can only board the service which has been allocated to them.
If you require help with transport costs and live in Calderdale, please click on this link:
Should you require help with transport costs and live in Kirklees, please click on this link: